Once you decide to pursue an MBA degree, the next step is to begin the preparations for the GMAT exam. GMAT preparation requires a lot of time and effort, and most importantly, the right resources to study from. Though there are various resources available, there is nothing better than books. A lot of GMAT preparation books are available to help you prepare for the test. However, only the best can yield the required results.
While starting the preparations for the GMAT, you will come across a lot of GMAT books on the internet as well as in the stores. However, while deciding what to buy, it is important to check whether that book is worth it. This means that the book should provide you with all the relevant information about the exam. From topics of each section to tips and strategies, practice tests and more.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the best books for GMAT preparation.
- The GMAT Official Guide 2021 – The GMAT official guide, created by the makers of the GMAT exam is one of the reliable choices you have. The book includes everything you need to know about the GMAT exam — from the syllabus to practice questions. Recently, this book has also started incorporating flashcards that will help you revisit already learnt concepts and memorize important points.
- Total GMAT Math (Jeff Sackmann) – This book is the best choice for those who wish to improve their mathematics. However, the book is meant for those who have an intermediate level of knowledge in maths. If your maths basics are strong, you can further enhance your knowledge with the help of this book.
- The Critical Reasoning Bible (PowerScore) – The book covers all basic concepts and theories of critical reasoning. You’ll find a lot of strategies to solve the GMAT questions in this book.
Once you choose the right GMAT preparation books, your preparation becomes a lot easier. And, once you are thoroughly prepared, you can schedule your GMAT exam dates 2021 and take the exam.
GMAT Exam Dates 2021
The GMAT exam is versatile compared to the other competitive examinations as it can be taken almost every day, at any time of the year. GMAC, the conducting body of the GMAT exam, hasn’t set any fixed GMAT dates. Hence, you can choose any date according to your convenience. However, it is recommended to book your exam date as soon as you start your preparations to get your preferred test date.
Before booking the test dates for your exam, you must keep in mind that you can retake the exam only 5 times in 12 months. Your lifetime limit for taking the GMAT exam is eight. Besides, there should be at least a 16 days gap between the retakes. Also, you won’t be able to retake the exam for the next five years, if you achieve the perfect test score of 800.
Below are some points to keep in mind while choosing your exam dates.
- Keep an eye on the deadlines – Before choosing your GMAT date, research and make a list of the deadlines for the MBA programs that you’re interested in.
- Consider the preparation time – Before scheduling the exam, create a rough time you might need to prepare for the exam.
- Save time for retakes –Consider the possibility of retakes. Sometimes you might not be satisfied with your GMAT scores at the first attempt. Hence, make sure that you have enough time for retakes.
We hope this article helped clear all your doubts regarding GMAT books and GMAT dates 2021. Now, start your preparations and get ready to ace the exam!