Are you facing a slow internet issue while playing games or watching your favorite series even after Wavlink WiFi extender setup? Does your internet lag while giving an online presentation? Is your Wavlink WiFi extender not performing well?
No worries! You can fix it all by resetting the Wavlink WiFi extender to the factory default settings. But, do you know how to do it? In this article, we will help you in performing factory default reset.
Steps to Restore the Wavlink WiFi Extender to the Default Settings
You can reset the Wavlink WiFi extender to the default setting by two methods:
- By pressing the Reset button on your Wavlink extender
- By accessing ap.setup
Note: Resetting the Wavlink WiFi extender to the factory default settings will remove all the customized data (passwords and settings changed by you). So, before performing factory default reset, make sure you back up all the data of your WiFi extender.
How to Reset the WiFi Extender by Pressing the Reset Button?
Go through the following steps to reset your Wavlink WiFi extender using the Reset button:
Choose the Perfect Location for Your Extender
The wrong location of your Wavlink WiFi extender affects the performance of your internet. To select the perfect location for your extender, keep these points in mind:
- Place your Wavlink extender near a wall socket.
- Place the extender in close proximity to your router.
Connecting Cables and Turning On Your Extender
After selecting the perfect location for your Wavlink WiFi extender, you need to power on your extender.
- Connect your extender to the power adapter and plug it into a wall socket.
Note: Make sure the extender is getting enough power supply.
- Switch on the Power button.
- Wait for the LED light on your extender to glow green.
Reset Your Extender
- Locate the Reset button on your Wavlink extender.
- Press it with the help of a pin-like object.
- Press the Reset button very carefully and hold it.
- Allow the extender to reboot.
- Wait for the LED light to become stable. This will take approximately 10 seconds.
- Your Wavlink extender has been restored to default settings.
How to Reset Your Wavlink Extender By Accessing Ap.setup?
You can use this method if you cannot find the Reset button on your extender. To reset the Wavlink WiFi extender by accessing ap.setup, follow these steps:
Select the Correct Location for Your Extender
- Choose the location for your extender that is well ventilated.
- Place your extender within the range of the router.
- Remove any physical obstructions like metal objects, Bluetooth speakers, and microwave ovens that can affect the extender’s performance.
Power Your Extender
- Connect the power cable to your extender.
- Then, insert the power adapter in a wall socket and switch on the Power button.
- Allow the LED light to turn green.
Use the Web Address of Your Wavlink Extender to Reset
- Turn on your PC or laptop.
- Open a web browser. You can use any browser like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Update your browser if it has any pending updates.
- Go to the address bar and type wifi.wavlink.com.
- Press Enter.
- A login screen will appear.
- Fill in the default credentials of your Wavlink WiFi extender.
- Click the Log In button.
- The Wavlink Genie setup wizard will pop-up.
- Go to settings and then other settings
- Click Reset and then Yes to proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Congratulations! You have restored the Wavlink WiFi extender to the factory default settings.
That’s all about the methods by which you can reset the Wavlink WiFi extender Thanks for reading this article!