Agreed that Netgear Orbi routers are one of the best WiFi networking devices in the industry nowadays. However, many users have filed complaints regarding the poor performance of their Orbi device. Is your Netgear Orbi device also not performing well? If the answer to the question is yes, then the good news is that we are here to assist you.
Starting from basic to advanced, in this article, we’ve provided you with all the necessary troubleshooting tips that’ll help you boost the performance of your Netgear Orbi router in a flash. So, wait no more, and read on.
Tips to Boost Performance of Your Netgear Orbi
- Tip 1. Perform Orbi Firmware Update
The first thing that you should do to boost the performance of your Netgear Orbi router is to update its firmware. Updating the firmware of your WiFi device will also help you fix bugs.
Walk through the steps mentioned below and learn how to perform Orbi firmware update:
- Launch an internet browser on your computer.
- In the address bar of your internet browser, type orbilogin, and press Enter.
- The Netgear Orbi login page will come into view.
- Enter the default admin credentials of your Netgear Orbi in the given fields.
- Click Log In.
- Head over to the Advanced option and select Administration.
- Select Firmware Update and follow the on-screen prompts to finish updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi WiFi device.
In this manner, you’ll be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi WiFi router.
- Tip 2. Relocate Your Orbi Router
Before performing Netgear Orbi setup, the location of your WiFi device plays a major role when it comes to its functioning. If you haven’t placed your device at its ideal location, it’s quite obvious why you’re facing technical issues. To troubleshoot it, it is recommended that you place your Orbi away from the following things:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Microwave ovens
- Aluminum studs
- Metal Objects
- Bluetooth speakers
Additionally, place your Orbi device away from reflexive surfaces like fish tanks and mirrors.
- Tip 3. Switch to an Ethernet Connection
Many users make the mistake of connecting their WiFi devices wirelessly due to which they get stuck with endless technical issues. Let’s hope that you are not doing the same thing. On the off chance, you are, then it is advised that you switch to a different connection mode.
Make use of an Ethernet cable to create a connection between your Netgear Orbi WiFi router and the satellite. Just ensure that the cable you use to connect your device is not damaged.
- Tip 4. Disconnect Extra Devices
Are too many devices connected to the network of your Netgear Orbi WiFi router? Well, there! You’ve found another reason that might be stopping your Orbi device from performing well.
Therefore, make sure that no extra device is connected to your Orbi router. In case it is, then disconnect them without wasting any more time.
- Tip 5. Give Your Orbi a Restart
Sometimes, in order to perform well, all your Netgear Orbi WiFi router needs is a restart. So, take the help of the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to reboot your device:
- Turn off your WiFi device.
- Unplug your Netgear Orbi router from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a minute or two.
- Then, plug your Orbi device back into the power socket.
- Press the Power button.
In this manner, you’ll successfully be able to reboot your Netgear Orbi WiFi router.
The Bottom Line
This was all about the tips through which you can boost the performance of your Netgear Orbi device. If you take care of these tips from time to time, you’ll surely be able to see your WiFi router standing up to the mark.