Nowadays, no wireless network is secure. Hackers or unauthorized users are lurking around almost everywhere trying to access people’s network and steal their personal info. If you are worried about the security of your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender, you have come to the right place. Here, we have listed some of the most common ways through which you can safeguard your extender’s network from potential threats. Read on.
Tips to Secure Linksys AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
- Change the Default Password
Guessing the default password of your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender is the easiest way for hackers to access its network.
Therefore, change the password of your wireless device. Wondering how to do that? Well, wonder no more! Simply follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Plug your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender into a wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Connect your extender to your home router.
- Switch on your computer or laptop and open a web browser.
- Type the default web address in the internet browser of your device.
- Press the Enter key.
- When prompted, enter the default login credentials to log in to your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Under the Extender Password field, enter the new password for your device.
- Click Save.
In some time, the changes that you have made to your device will become effective. Now, you are one step closer to protecting the network of your Linksys AC1200 WiFi extender.
- Hide the Network Name (SSID)
What is the first thing about the network of your Linksys range extender that compels a hacker or unauthorized user to access it? Its network name. So, what to do about this thing?
Well, it’s simple. You can hide the network name of your device. When you do that, no unauthorized person will be able to see your SSID on the available list of networks.
- Perform Linksys Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender is another way through which you secure your wireless network as it adds various latest security features.
Here is how you can perform Linksys extender firmware update:
- Connect your extender and router using a wired or a wireless source.
- Launch an internet browser on your computer.
- Access the default web or IP address.
- Log in to your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender using the default admin details.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Administration.
- Select Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you follow these instructions carefully, you will successfully be able to update the firmware of your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender to the latest version.
In case you also want to update your router, access the Linksys router login page and follow the same steps mentioned above.
- Turn Off Your Range Extender
One of the silliest mistakes that users make is that they leave their Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender turned on even when they are outside the house.
Are you making the same mistake? Probably! Otherwise, you wouldn’t be reading this post. Thus, make sure that you turn off your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender when not in use. Trust us, this will work wonders for you.
- Enable WPA
WPA or WiFi Protected Access is a type of wireless security which is dynamic in nature. You can enable this feature on your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender in order to ensure its safety.
If you are not sure about how to enable WPA on your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender, refer to the guidelines given in the user manual.
Considering the number of hackers are growing day by day, Linksys users are become afraid for their network’s security. If you are also frightened because of the same thing, following the aforementioned tips will be the right thing to do.
If this article helped you even by one percent in securing the network of your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender, do leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.