As everyone knows how, adequate sleeping is very essential for every individual. The simple solution to achieving quality sleep is getting a quality mattress protector. Lying down on the bare mattress is not recommended as it may get dirt easily, and it is challenging to clean the huge mattress.
Thus, mattress protectors play an important role in protecting the mattress from dust, spills, and mites. Materials determine how effective the mattress protector is and the materials used widely. The only such material is wool. The wool mattress protector is especially a beneficial material to improve overall sleeping quality. Let’s learn more about wool mattress protectors by reading further.
How does a mattress protector work?
Using mattress protectors provides several benefits not only in keeping the mattress clean but also in keeping it in new and fresh condition. Thus, it extends the life of the mattress. Initially, it is used as a waterproof barrier to protect from moisture damage. Additionally, it also works like a shield against dirt and debris, sweat, bacteria, bed bugs, dust mites, and other allergens. By protecting from all these damages, the mattress protectors help to extend the life of the mattress, improve overall hygiene, and keep the space clean.
About the wool fabric:
Wool is a natural fabric obtained from the hairs of various animals, and there are a variety of distinct types of wool. To make wool, the hairs are first sheared from animals and spun into yarn. The natural quality of wool is that the fleece protects the sheep from the weather, which helps them keep warm during winter and cool in summer. Wool is known for its durability and seen as insulating properties. The mattress protector made from wool is designed to safeguard a mattress from spills, stains, and allergens.
Types of wool Mattress Protectors:
There are three major types of mattress protectors: elastic strap, encasement, and fitted. Each type of mattress protector helps to protect the mattress in different ways.
- Encasement mattress protectors zip around the mattress to cover it entirely, even if they cover the bottom of the mattress.
- Elastic strap mattress protectors seat on top of the mattress. They come with secured elastic straps that allow you to wrap around the four corners of the mattress to make it safe.
- Fitted mattress protectors are the same as fitted sheets, tucking under the mattress with pocketed corners.
- A wool mattress topper is extremely soft compared to conventional cotton, which helps to relieve chronic pain and pressure points while sleeping.
Reason to switch to wool mattress topper:
The Wool mattress toppers have numerous benefits, which is the reason to switch immediately to achieve effortless sleep.
- The natural fabric naturally has breathability and protects from dust, odors, and mites.
- The temperature regulating system helps keep the body at the right temperature all seasons through the night.
- The wool mattress topper is perfect for those who have sensitive skin. It is naturally resistant to mildew, bugs and fire.
- It is not only extremely soft but also known for its durability. Thus, it helps in increasing the life span of the mattress. Wool is one of the sustainable materials that make it more environmentally friendly.
- Artificial fiber consumes a lot of energy during production, but wool is a low-impact material that has a very low carbon footprint. It is biodegradable, helps to reduce carbon footprint, and encourages a more sustainable lifestyle.
Tips to care for wool mattress toppers:
It is a must to rotate the mattress topper every month. While doing so, it helps release moisture. The wool mattress toppers absorb the moisture from the body, and air, when flipping or airing, allows releasing the moisture. Wool fibers contain a lot of tiny air pockets that get filled with water when it is immersed in water.
Thus, they are extremely heavy. Even though the wool mattress topper is machine washable, the improper detergent will ruin the product as the wool batting may cause shrinkage during washing. It is better to wash with a special wool cycle or use a gentle cycle. But it is recommended to air dry more over the big-size toppers, which can be spot-cleaned or dry-cleaned.
A wool mattress topper aids with numerous health benefits and improves the sleeping experience. By choosing the quality wool mattress protector one can revive and refresh the sleep that results in good health condition. Wool is a natural fiber, and its production consumes less energy than other synthetic fibers. This makes wool a low-impact material. It is sustainable and biodegradable, making it a perfect choice for those who are more eco-conscious. If you are looking for a mattress topper that is as good for both the planet and your health by providing good sleep, then wool is a perfect choice.