Are you planning to set up Netgear extender in your home or office? If yes, then you have landed on the right place. Here, in this post, you will get step-by-step instructions on how to set up Netgear extender with ease.
Today, the need of the internet has become essential. Not only the netizens but every user around the world wishes for a fast and lag-free internet connection. That’s why lots of users opt for Netgear WiFi extenders to get fast internet connection throughout their home.
Performing Netgear WiFi extender setup will not only provide its users a faster internet connection but also boost the WiFi coverage of their existing router. In simple words, you will have no trouble to access the internet using Netgear WiFi range extender no matter in which room you sit.
However, many users find the Netgear WiFi extender setup a daunting task. If you are among those users, then have a quick glance at the prerequisites required for the Netgear extender setup process. Let’s dig a little deeper!
Prerequisites for Netgear Extender Setup
Mentioned below are the prerequisites that you need to keep in mind while setting up your Netgear extender. Let’s dive in!
2: Both the Netgear extender and router must receive a continuous and fluctuation-free power supply.
3: A high-speed internet connection is essential during Netgear WiFi extender setup
4: A well-maintained Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear extender and router. If you don’t have an Ethernet cable, then you are free to connect your devices wirelessly.
5: The extender’s default web address or IP address and the login details are one of the most essential requirements needed for the Netgear extender setup process.
Now that you have come to know about the prerequisites for the Netgear extender setup, let’s take a step forward and complete the Netgear extender setup process using the step-by-step instructions outlined underneath.
You can perform the Netgear extender setup process using any of the methods listed below:
- Using the WPS method
- Using the manual method
How to Set Up a Netgear WiFi Range Extender Using the WPS Setup Method?
WPS is also known as WiFi-protected setup. This is the one of the easiest methods that requires only a push of a button to configure your Netgear extender. Walk through the setup steps outlined below and configure your Netgear extender using the WPS method.
- Start by plugging your Netgear extender into a working wall outlet.
- Once you’re done, turn on your Netgear extender and connect it to your router.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear extender. Once found, press it gently.
- Then, after a couple of minutes, press the WPS button on your router as well.
- When you see the WPS LED on your Netgear WiFi range extender has started blinking, know that the configuration process has been successfully completed.
On the off chance if your router is not WPS supported, don’t be pessimistic. Just follow the instructions highlighted below and configure your Netgear extender manually. Let’s take the plunge!
How to Set up Netgear Extender Using the Manual Method?
- First things first, power on your Netgear WiFi extender by plugging it into a working wall outlet, preferably near to your existing router.
- Turn on a PC or laptop and connect it to the available WiFi network.
- Open an up-to-date internet browser.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the browser’s address bar and enter 192.168.1.250.
- The new extender setup page will display.
- Fill in the default Netgear extender login credentials into the provided fields.
- Click on Log In once you’re done.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions mentioned on the displayed page and complete the process of setting up your Netgear WiFi range extender.
Note: In the event that the default Netgear extender IP address is not allowing you to access the new extender setup page, use www. mywifiext .net instead.
That’s all about how to set up Netgear extender. If even after going through the Netgear WiFi extender setup process listed above, you get stuck at any point, feel free to get in touch with technical experts.